Sunday, April 28, 2013

I am having trouble finding the course blog. I went ahead and wrote my blog here. This way everyone could still see it.

Sooooo..... Here is my cool, new, tool for school.

Swipespeare
iOS (Ipad, Iphone)
This tool has almost all of Shakespeare's work available for free. It gives you the orignal Shakespearean text, but with a simple swipe to the left the Shakespearean text goes away and is replaced with modern text. It is similar to No Fear Shakespeare, but you don't have to see the entire work in modern text, only the parts you need clarified. I would love to have this available in my classroom for when we read anything Shakespeare. Students could prepare scenes to act out. When they were uncertain about what a line meant they could easily look at the modern text. It doesn't simple give them a summary, they still have to use their reading skills to develop meaning and understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment