Thursday, May 29, 2014

Tech 101: Module 9

Next year, I see myself trying to make the transition to 1:1 with a lot of focus on the SAMR model. With it being my first year with the Chromebooks and the 1:1 switch, I am sure there will be a lot of bumps in the road. My greatest concern is making the technology worthwhile, but still making sure my students are truly learning. I think building my lessons around the SAMR model and always striving for the highest level will help me achieve this.

I am actually helping to present the SAMR model to my fellow teachers today during our end-of-year PD. I think that a lot of our teachers are very stuck in the S level. They are used to only using computer labs occasionally, and it is hard to do any except substitution when you're working in that situation. I don't want to see a lot of substitution next year. I want us to blow the kids away with our dynamic lessons!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting, Kayla! I'm sure your PD went well, and no doubt you'll blow kids away next year! =D

    ReplyDelete